Late B5 tail lights q

Oranoco

Reaction score
Website
www.passionford.com
I treated my 96 B5 to a nice set of Astrum 99-01 tail lights. I know I need to do a pin swap on the loom to make them work orrectly but the colour coded plastic trim clipped to the lamp just wouldn't sit right and looked completely pants.

Does this lower panel differ from pre 99 to post 99 cars or does it come down to the lamps being Taiwanese copies?

Want to make sure what the problem is before I return them as duff.

Cheers

I tried fitting copies of facelift tails to my '96 A4 QS.

They fit all right, but the trim was all over the place, and looked bad.
I ended up buying from ECP - not OEM, but they were perfect, my colour-coded trim fit fine.

Seems you already know about the pin swap - reverse and indicators.

The colour-coded section is the same on all B5's - '95 - '01.

Cheers. I thought that was the case. I got these from ECP as they were £30 a piece as opposed to £51 for the Marelli items. Shame as they looked really good bolted up.

Need to decide now whether to go back and shell out the extra £40 for the OEM ones (and get shouted at by the wife) or whether to just get my money back and get an induction kit instead.

I'm in the market for some facelift rears too, after me holiday and the bank allows!

What do I need to do with regards to swapping the pins to make the lights work correctly? I don't need anything else parts wise other than the lenses?

Also ECP? Where do I find em?

Oh yeah! Euro car parts! Duh!

Just the replacement units, and the reverse / indicator pins.

Cool ta. I'll have a look when I get round to getting some.