Late 2.8 Quattro tuning

Foxmeister

Fired Up!
Reaction score
Hey, im looking at buying an A4 B5 2.8 Quattro sport, new to the Audi world im wondering wot these engines are like for tuning and wot gains to expect? Will do the usual with air filter, exhaust and chip, but is that my limit to keeping the budget low? Wont be supercharging or goin forced ind route.

Also, excuse my lack of knowledge, but can the exhaust be made custom by anybody and wot happens with resonators etc that are in these type of cars, can they just be removed, if so are there benefits?

Any info appreciated, cheers.:uhm:

The 2.8 won't gain much, with those mods you will probably gain 10 bhp tops. Drivability will be better due to the chip though.

Shame you are not going to supercharge her, there are some very nice kits available for these engines

The 2.8 won't gain much, with those mods you will probably gain 10 bhp tops. Drivability will be better due to the chip though.

Shame you are not going to supercharge her, there are some very nice kits available for these engines

I know these wont be great gains primarily, but wot about cams, throttle bodies etc after the initial exhaust chip etc, these engines not really worth trying unless you look into turbo or supercharging? I know the 1.8 T is a more tunable unit to work with, reason im looking at the 2.8 is the noise, love the sound of them and was just hoping they would be worth spending a few quid to get some more power from it, around 250-300bhp mark! Have a Sierra Cosworth at the moment and its stage 3 tuned, over 300bhp, love the rush from the turbo when using it, but always wanted an RS4 and like most cant afford to run one at the moment, so the 2.8 would seem an affordable likeness for me.

10-15 hp for the chip some claim more ,,10 hp for a custom exhaust is about right and 10-15 hp maybe from the sports cats 0 for the filter as standard good design can get a little bit from modding the maf sensor get rid of the wire mesh and round the sqaure corners off ,,,dont no of any cams ,,,nether had my car dyno,d but best gains was from cats i think

10-15 hp for the chip some claim more ,,10 hp for a custom exhaust is about right and 10-15 hp maybe from the sports cats 0 for the filter as standard good design can get a little bit from modding the maf sensor get rid of the wire mesh and round the sqaure corners off ,,,dont no of any cams ,,,nether had my car dyno,d but best gains was from cats i think

Wot about removing the cats completely, or is that a big no no? Does this apply to the 2.6 engine aswell i take it?

you could remove the cats as long as no sensor after cats my 2.8 30v only got sensor before the cats you need to check ,,,you would get more from your engine and sounds a lot better if removed completly just a pain when it comes to mot as would need to pass or give the fella extra ! lol

you could remove the cats as long as no sensor after cats my 2.8 30v only got sensor before the cats you need to check ,,,you would get more from your engine and sounds a lot better if removed completly just a pain when it comes to mot as would need to pass or give the fella extra ! lol

Already have that problem with the Cosworth! lol. Cheers for info mate:happy: