1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lamin-X as well as facelift taillights fitted to S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Rabbit222, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Sep 11, 2009]
    Thanks to this thread (and Jamie for posting pictures of his car) I got around to fitting Lamin-X to my headlights last weekend and I must say I love the results. There are a few bubbles that might need sorting but for the most part it's looking great :hubbahubba:

Looks the same as Jamie's by the way so there's not much point in me posting pictures lol

A special Lamin-X version: [​IMG]

Also I found this interesting thread that used Rabbit222's picture from the OP:

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=197953
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  2. Tommy

Tommy Makinen...ha

[Sep 11, 2009]
    smudge don, jordan is on here, cant blame him for using rabbits s3 as inspiration!
  3. Staz

[Sep 11, 2009]
    Not at all!
  4. Kivinen

Kivinen Member

[Sep 12, 2009]
    Uuuh.. those look like something i need to order.

Just one question.

Driving in dark/night with tint or gunsmoke film in front light and gunsmoke or smoked rear light. How much weaker is the light beam with those on? Any notisible differences?

In fall and winter time i drive 80% of my drivings in dark/night. Minimum of 80km/day.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  5. Staz

[Sep 12, 2009]
    Everyone seems to go for tint only, not gunsmoke, as tint is dark enough to give the right look. Well for me anyway.

I didn't notice any reduction in light at night :icon_thumright:
  6. Beetle Bhav

Beetle Bhav New Member

[Sep 12, 2009]
    Hey Rabbit222 - howzit going man - fancy meeting you on this site. Seems that your car is hit all over the world. I knw here in SA it is def. Love the look man. Meet up soon dude.
  7. VWAddict

VWAddict Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 12, 2009]
    Well thanks guys...

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered a set of Lamin-X for headlights and Foglights. -Stumbled across a GREAT price for them... Forty dollars, which is about £25, I reckon. -STONKING bargain!!! That's for headlights AND foglights.

I ordered a set in 'Tint'. I have the side repeaters and the stupid American corner-markers all smoked-out already, so the whole car will be pretty 'grey' by the time these are on. (I LIKE the chrome grill surround and four-ring logo, but I'm contemplating a black grille... Have to find a way to get one without alerting the missus! ;) )

Keith
  8. Staz

[Sep 12, 2009]
    Me bumping it paid off then! :)
  9. the_duke

the_duke New Member

[Sep 13, 2009]
    This Lamin X stuff looks cool. Am just ordering some tints and yellow fogs for my mauritius blue 3.2!

If anyone else is thinking of doing it I found a discount of "10off". Literally gives you 10% off when you type it in to the coupon code box prior to order!

Better than a poke in the eye! :thumbsup: