1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kwik-fit are cheapest for tyres!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by B5NUT, Aug 24, 2010.

1. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Time has come for 4 new boots for one of my motors, the size is 205/55/16 V with a load index of 91, so far I have looked at Nationwide, kwik-fit, blackcircles, etyres, costco and even phoned up my local independent and no one can beat the online kwik-fit price £336.12.

Anyone else found kwik-fit to be cheaper, as lots of forums call kwik-fit rip-off merchants:unsure:

2. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

never !!!! i think they wanted more for 1 tyre than I could get 2 for last time I tried them

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Well I've just tried all of the above in my first post and cannot find cheaper, going to have a quick scan of ebay

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator

The key for buying tyres is shopping around. Kwik-fit are maybe cheap this time round because they have it in stock? Most people just get quotes of blackcirles, then call the tyre place up and tell them to beat the quote, so they don't have to go through blackcircles and pay the commisions.

5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

What brand are you looking at?

6. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

I use camskil most of the time

7. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

Michelin primacy

camskill was 290 delivered, but then there is the hassle of getting someone to fit them, and most garages charge around £10 per corner for fitting, valve, balance & disposal of the old tyre.

The kwik-fit price was there on-line price, so not sure if they have the tyres in stock.

I did try a local indy which I have used before but they said they would not beat that price!

#7 B5NUT, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  8. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Kwik ****?? They just quoted me £80 more for a pair of Toyo Proxes than anywhere else. And that's not to mention the incident with my mates wife a few years back when they told her the car was dangerous and needed new discs/pads/shoes/cylinders. She was in tears and I ducked down there and got a load of **** from them about the spongy pedal. I bled the brakes myself and they were fine afterwards, only thing further I did was s fluid swap about a year later for her

9. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Well-Known Member

tyretraders.cant be beat.Have used them twice.great service and delivery is a fiver for four.