Koni fully adjustable Coilovers finally fitted!!!

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Finally got them done this morning from AMD, they're the new Koni fully adjustable coilovers. Makes the exhausts look better too, cause it doesn't have it's **** stuck up anymore, enjoy the pics:
Koni.jpg

BAs.jpg

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Rear1.jpg

Ive got the H&R coilovers fitted to my S3 and they are excellent. No doubt yours are as well. Radically changes the cars handling for the better.

Looks like very nice setup; will the polishing of the rear shocks be on the weekly cleaning agenda?

Have you got the adjustable Tie-bars fitted as well ??

lol I doubt polishing would even be up for discussion. Tie-bars are still to come, have you got them on yours? if so did you feel any differnce? I know I need them cause I can see the back wheels at an angle. thanks for the comments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yep i have them fitted to mine, but i didnt paythe stupid money that forge etc charge for them. I had my original ones modified to make them adjustable.
You will need to fit them in order to correct the camber.

Not sure how much the drop was, need to check but it's considerably lower, I'll get the exact measurments. Handling is great, motorway driving is for some odd reason smoother, probably cause the body doesn't bounce about as much, but cross winds are bad cause the whole car shifts from side to side, other than that the nose of the car stays down when going around tight corners

[ QUOTE ]
Yep i have them fitted to mine, but i didnt paythe stupid money that forge etc charge for them. I had my original ones modified to make them adjustable.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did yo manage that? who did the conversion for you and how does the conversion work?

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how much the drop was, need to check but it's considerably lower, I'll get the exact measurments. Handling is great, motorway driving is for some odd reason smoother, probably cause the body doesn't bounce about as much, but cross winds are bad cause the whole car shifts from side to side, other than that the nose of the car stays down when going around tight corners

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's considerably lower... watch your front bumper and sump!

It was local place near where i live; they build nascar type motors in the uk, He simply used the original bar and spliced in a heavy duty threaded bar with lock nuts. Rock solid !!
I think the cost was around £60

Yeah, you can mod non-adjustable struts if you wish.

Demon tweeks sell the threaded tubes for welding on.

If you can find someone to do the work at a good price, it can work well.

Looking good.

What's the ride quality like? As I've been considering the new Koni's, but I am not sure as the older ones are known for being very stiff and bouncy.

yep looking good mate, standard S3 ride height is a bit high, but that looks spot on!

Hey there Mark, the ride quality to me is perfectly fine, I don't feel it too stiff even though I've got the Koni springs as well. I've only got my bro's old golf to compare with (older Koni coilovers) and his do seem "slightly" more stiff but that could be from all the bushes and ARBs. I forgot to say earlier how much the drop was by. It was 30mm drop in the front and 35mm drop in the rear. Much better stance as you guys can see, but I do need to get bigger alloys now. Ps, the Koni's do feel a bit more bouncy, but that's just expected from getting stiffer springs.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey there Mark, the ride quality to me is perfectly fine, I don't feel it too stiff even though I've got the Koni springs as well. I've only got my bro's old golf to compare with (older Koni coilovers) and his do seem "slightly" more stiff but that could be from all the bushes and ARBs. I forgot to say earlier how much the drop was by. It was 30mm drop in the front and 35mm drop in the rear. Much better stance as you guys can see, but I do need to get bigger alloys now. Ps, the Koni's do feel a bit more bouncy, but that's just expected from getting stiffer springs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted your opinion on them, as I had Koni shocks and spring on one of my old cars and the ride was a bit too harsh for me.

I will keep them in mind though, but I'm almost sure I'll go for either the KW's, Eibachs or H & R's.