Ko4 turbo inlet, heater pipes in the way????

phil miller

Reaction score
Hi all, after my question earlier today about the EGT sensor i have another issue, ive bolted the mani and turbo on but the heater pipes go right across the input to the turbo, do i need to get S3 pipes or is there a little trick and someone can tell me???

If it's the same as the 180tt which i think it is, one pipe goes over the inlet and the other needs bending out the way. I just lent on it to move it enough to fit the turbo in. I'm running a 3" tip as well and it fits fine, other than that get the s3 pipes instead as they are different.

Ideal, thank you Dan, i was gonna text you but didnt want to hassel you, i did hope someone would say bend the metal pipe and move the rubber one to make space, Top stuff

The Ko3s is all boxed just waiting for it to be collected dude

beware if bending the metal pipe Dan, I tried it and mine cracked at the bend where it goes round the front of the block. Just got your PM but thought I'd reply in here for the benefit of the search function :)

What I did was source the ko4 water pipe and heater lines from ebay, only paid £15 for the full metal pipe that goes into the block at the thermostat and right round up to the heater fitting on the bulkhead.

Fitting all the S3 pipework ends up as a far neater solution, but it is reliant on finding them at a sensible price.

i managed to bend my brand new 110 pounds metal water pipe with out cracking it, when i fit my 3" TIP. just do it nice and slow lol

be careful as prawn said you don't want to brake it and there 110 quid from TPS and that was with discount.

Hmm, may try to warm it up a little with the gas at work, if it breaks will scout eBay for some S3 ones, gutted we have a BAM TT in I wonder if the owner would miss his heater pipes lol

that's the thing, I'm sure a brand new one would bend just fine, but mine was 13 years old, and rusty externally, and when I tried to slowly bend it away it just split almost straight away.

I have to say though, the full ko4 derived heater/water line setup is a far neater solution, fits really well with the ko4 and just plugs straight into the snap fittings on the bulkhead.

I guess I got lucky price wise!

When i did this i added a little heat, bent clear with no problems.