1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ko4 conversion

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Turbo-mick, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Turbo-mick

Turbo-mick Member

Has any one done this and does the cupra r turbo and injectors fit straight on to the cat ect
    can get hold of one as my mate brakes them
    any info pls guys

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

Cupar R turbo isn't a direct fit as manifolds and stud patterns for turbo exhaust manifold are different.. Also to consider is the TIP and down pipe..

What you can do though is buy a tubular k03 manifold and get a k04 inlet flange made up, cut the k03 one off and weld the k04 one on in the correct orientation.. The turbo then fits but needs the compressor housing clocked/rotated to point down .. Then a custom made downpipe is required..

a4 are 4 bar non return systems so Cupra r injectors at 386cc might be a tad large...

I've had 282bhp out of a k03s hybrid which was a direct bolt on less hassle and near Cupar r performance..

4. Turbo-mick

Turbo-mick Member

How can I tell what turbo av got at min mine should be the bfb engine 163bhp but its had a awt engine put in

5. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

Get a Beach buggy hybrid and get it mapped by R-tech, you won't regret it, sometimes I wish I had got a manual Quattro so I could go this route with mine, but then that's why I got a CVT so I wouldn't be tempted lol.

6. Turbo-mick

Turbo-mick Member

Mines not Quattro mate

7. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

Still do it mate

8. Turbo-mick

Turbo-mick Member

If I get a k04 for mine can I just bolt it straight on ect and run till I get a map