ko3 or ko3s?

it will be k03.
S3's have the K04 if i remember correctly

oh, um, i didnt know there were different types of k03....

if it was a year newer i'd say it's defo got a K03s. But you're right around the time they swapped from k03 to k03s for the 180bhp lumps.

If you wanna PM me your chassis number i can have a look on ETKA and see what turbo Audi spec as a replacement.

K03s has a bigger inlet and slightly larger compressor, it can flow more gas than the K03 but still maintains the same housing.

I've read conflicting reports on whether you can bolt on a K03s without another remap. You certainly couldn't run it without any remap and i don't think it should just be run with a generic Stage 1 map such as REVO (even REVO say their Stage 1 map isn't designed to work with it) as you may end up running lean.

Most Stage 2 maps should be adaptable to give the required extra fuelling, but not all stage 2 serial maps are compatable with the ECU's that K03 cars came with. In that case you could go somewhere like Jabba who can do live mapping for fuel and timing.

I ran mine on revo st1 for ages waiting for revo to bring out st2 with no problems at all,ko3s just pulls more at higher revs and doesn't run out of puff at 5000rpm.If you already have revo its only £50 extra plus a 4 bar fuel regulater to switch to st2.Otherwise its jabba or custom code.

ANDYTQ said:
I ran mine on revo st1 for ages waiting for revo to bring out st2 with no problems at all,ko3s just pulls more at higher revs and doesn't run out of puff at 5000rpm.If you already have revo its only £50 extra plus a 4 bar fuel regulater to switch to st2.Otherwise its jabba or custom code.

Like i said, conflicting reports :)

Unfortunatly, old-school AGU engines like mine can't have Revo Stage 2 :(

Which means i'd be looking a parting with about £400 - 600 to Jabba, plus the price of the blower. Then i'd have even more disgusting inlet air temps so i'd need uprated intercooling...