ko3 hybrid upgrade on 1.8t avj

deian3387

Reaction score
Hi anyone done a ko3 hybrid upgrade on a 1.8t avj? and what kind of figures should i expect with these mods

ko3 hybrid, FMIC, turbo back stainless and high flow cat, 370cc injectors, 3"maf and remap

would i need to upgrade the fuel pump?

I have not done a K03 but I have done a K04 hybrid but the same company do a K03 hybrid (Scroll SP54) in the US on a stock K03 with TT injectors and exhaust plus mapping they can get 235bhp.

Personally i dont think its worth it.

The k03-073 that comes as standard on the BEX models will give you around 220-230hp.

Scroll do a number of hybrids, including the newer version of the Outlaw that doc has, but even those only seem good for around 240-250hp. Sean himself told me to expect around 240 from the K04 based SP54, and that i'd need to go to the sp56 to see the same power at s3/tt's make with their k04.

If you look at the money your spending against the costs involved its just not worth it for the gains. For similar money, you could buy yourself a bottom mount T25 flanged manifold (something like this: Exhaust Manifold - PSi Concepts Audi/VW 1.8T Longitudinal (T25) *NEW LOWER PRICE* ) and pick up a used T28 from a SR20DET or similar, and have a setup thats good for around 280-300hp. Much nicer gains. Ok its not all quite as bolt on as the K03/4 hybrid, and you'll need to mess around a bit sorting the minor details, but the end result is going to be worth it.

Obviously you'll need to do the exhaust and intercooler, and probably MAF and injectors etc, but you'd need those to get the best from a hybrid anyway!