Knocking/Rumbling Noise

BIGJJS

Reaction score
just noticed today when turning on full lock im getting a knocking coming from the n/s wheel, is this likely to be cv joint?

Also when i start moving and pick up speed a little its making a kind of rumbling noise, could that be cv joint aswell?

I've just had the front wheel bearings and calipers replaced so that should rule them out.

Thanks

John

I get the same problem on mine. I'm intending to replace all outer CV joints and boots as well as tie-rod ends. THink it's most likely the CV joints causing the noise.

But also the bushes are knackered so got all new suspension arms to put on soon. The bushes are causing a fair amount of knocking but it's more going over bumps that makes the noise.

I have the very same problem.

AT my last service the mechanic said that it was my drop link - so I paid for him to replace it but the noise didn't go.

I needed my car to go to France so haven't been able to resolve this yet!

Everything seems to be pointing at the CV's but I had a full inspection completed when I had the car service and I figured that this would have been pulled up, during the inspection.

my car goes into the garage on Friday, so i will keep you posted on what they say. I hope they find and sort whatever it is because the noise is starting to drive me crazy.

Almost certainly is the CV joint. Currently sitting 400 miles from home in Exeter with a wheel wobble i thought was a balance problem that has developed into a major wobble and knocking noise when on or near full lock from o/s front which i am almost certain is the CV joint. Same symptoms proved to be n/s front CV joint this time lastyear.