1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

knocking over bumps

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by paulrom, Mar 14, 2010.

1. paulrom

paulrom New Member

[Mar 14, 2010]
    like the title says i've got a knock when i go over any bumps i think it's coming from the passenger side but not 100%
    I've changed the c links on both sides and both the track rod ends as they didn't look great and also replaced the drivers side lower rear arm as it was knackered where the arm goes onto the sub frame

can't see anything obvious any idea's :tocktock::tocktock::tocktock::tocktock::tocktock::tocktock::tocktock:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. mwarrey

mwarrey Member

[Mar 14, 2010]
    Had the same problem, it was the lower bent arm
  4. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

[Mar 14, 2010]
    Check all your front control arms, the top mounts, gearbox mounts and mounting brackets, calipers/pads are not loose...............
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Mar 15, 2010]
    Its false economy IMO replacing odd bits of the front suspension, its all been fitted for the same length of time, and has done the same amount of work, so it will all be at deaths door. Its a bit like changing the brake pads on one side because they're down to the metal, but not bothering with the other side because they're not grinding yet...

Buy a complete kit (by a good manufacturer such as meyle) and fit it all.