1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

knocking noise when breaking

jetskijimmy Apr 2, 2013

1. jetskijimmy

jetskijimmy QUATTRO

Hi some advice needed please

Just fitted new disc & pads at the front - the rear will get done end of the month, after fitting new discs and pads i took the car for a test drive the breaks are working fine but I get a knocking noise when breaking -the faster the car is moving when breaking the faster the knocking noise gets

Does a yone know why this is happening ? The car is a A4 DTM 2.0 Quattro

Thanks

James

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Possibly pads moving in calliper, shim would probably sort this out.

Try reversing & see if knocks, then going forward & see if knocks, if so then its this.

3. jetskijimmy

jetskijimmy QUATTRO

Thanks ill give this ago I will remove calipers/pads and refit tomorrow

Cheers

James

4. jetskijimmy

jetskijimmy QUATTRO

Just been out for a spin - noticed the knocking when moving forward seems fine whilst reversing will have a look in the morning:sob:

5. jetskijimmy

jetskijimmy QUATTRO

Finally sorted the noise out :thumbsup: I had a nightmare fitting the new discs and pads first the noise then a faulty brake pad sensor-I got these from GSF parts and was able to return the faulty brake pad under warranty, I paid £206 for discs and pads just for the front and been quoted £75 for the rear discs and pads - I bet I could of got these cheap elsewhe

Looking forward to payday to refurbish my alloys (gun metal grey) cant wait:kissmyrings:

Cheers James

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

So what was the noise then?

7. jetskijimmy

jetskijimmy QUATTRO

Sorry mate thanks for the advice :icon_thumright:

The discs were Bosch one came with grey anticarossion paint witch had biult up under the pad slightly - not sure if I was supposed to have removed with thinners ? I have cleaned the pad and disc remove the hard flakes of paint all seems fine now :yahoo: cant wait to do the rear discs (NOT) ha

Cheers