1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knocking noise since lowering

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by SteveU, Oct 27, 2007.

1. SteveU

SteveU New Member

As the title suggests, since I lowered my car 60mm on 18's I've had an annoying knocking noise over rough ground from the front suspension. I'm suspecting the suspension arms are to blame but has anyone else had this and if so, which arms are most likely to be the culprits? I should mention that the ARB C-links and the front lower arms are new so that rules them out!! Still 6 arms left though :keule:

Mine's a '96 B5 Saloon 2.6 FWD model by the way.

Cheers,
    Steve

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. andybnwc

andybnwc Member

top bushes most probably lowering just puts extra strain onto them ive got the same at the moment just waiting to get the powerflex fitted

If however both are knocking the top mounts on the suspension may be to blame

4. macca

macca Member

usually it is the ball joints on the arms, check the two upper ones especially for play, i thought mine was the ARB links at first then when i did my suspension change it was obvious that the upper rear balljoint had died. i replaced the upper top mounts as well, but i can't see that these would wear very easily on the a4's.

5. Biglockie

Biglockie Aye you know it makes sense

There is a group buy in here for the powerflex bushes for the front end