1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

knocking noise from suspension

Alba77 Dec 6, 2007

1. Alba77

Alba77 Member

Had my car for about 3 weeks now, but finding its got a annoying knocking noise from suspension when going over speed bumps etc. ive got about 6 on road to my house and as you can imagine its getting annoying.
    Suspension is hard, but not to a point of being too much.
    Could the transit packaging be left in still? I had heard something about this happening on new leons.

Any ideas??

cars an 07 ex demonstrator with about 5,000miles on clock

Cheers

Steve

2. fesss_84

fesss_84 Sylar

funny you should mention i heard a noise a couple times when i went over un-avoidable pot holes, ever since then i havent and i slow to a crawl to go over them! or re-position my car to avoid them when driving.

but if u got them on your road, you could write to council if they will contribute towards wear & tear of your car suspension. lol nottin much more u can do.

3. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

S-line road noise, and suspension noise, just seems to go with the territory.
    The suspension noise on mine has to be heard to be believed, but it's normal.
    I just turn the stereo up...

4. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Thats why I'm getting coilovers - smooth!!

5. Alba77

Alba77 Member

Cheers guys. Didnt think it was anything to worry about, and as mentioned I do just turn the volume up on the stereo..:yes:

Steve