knock sensor 2 issue's

S3 TAM

Pocket now empty
Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm back after not posting for some time. Just been enjoying the S3 until now.

For the past few months i've been getting VCDS error

16717/P0333/000819 - Knock Sensor 2 (G66): Signal too High

Possible Symptoms

• Engine Damage
[h=4]Possible Causes[/h]
  • Knock Sensor 2 (G66) improperly torqued
[h=4]Possible Solutions[/h]
  • Torque Knock Sensor 2 (G66) to specifications
  • Check Knock Sensor 2 (G66) and Knock Control

I tried every thing the vcds wiki page has said from checking the torque to replacing the sensor this leaves one thing left

ENGINE DAMAGE

What could this be? something in the bottom end about to give up?

Is it time for me the put the large port head on the motor that i've had sitting in my garage for 1 1/2 years?

this brings me to my next question which i think i already know the answer too. "don't shoot me down for this"

Would you buy this off ebay

for Audi S3 A4 TT 1.8T VW Golf Gti Con Rod Conrod H-beam Connecting Rod Rods ARP | eBay

Money's tight at the min saving for a house and a wedding... silly me i know, but if im gonna change the head i might as well do the bottom end or vice versa.

cheers in advance.

[FONT=Arial, Trebuchet MS, sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]

Those rods aren't rifle drilled so tbh I wouldn't touch them personally... I would also not bother with a large port head unless going north of 350hp...

<tuffty/>

I've got the same code but in knock sensor 1 at the minute, I'm hoping its just a loose sensor and not the cable. For the first 30 seconds of driving, the car feels rough and underpowered but then disappears and the car drives great! If the car is up to temp then the car drives complete fine when restarted, I guess it is related to this one code.

I've got the same code but in knock sensor 1 at the minute, I'm hoping its just a loose sensor and not the cable. For the first 30 seconds of driving, the car feels rough and underpowered but then disappears and the car drives great! If the car is up to temp then the car drives complete fine when restarted, I guess it is related to this one code.

Yeah, if the ECU thinks it can't see knock as the sensor is playing up or if the signal is not as expected then it will pull timing out and you will lose torque...

<tuffty/>