1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knock/rattling problem solving day tomoz!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Jonezy87, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Jonezy87

Jonezy87 Member

Right I've got the day off tomoz, and as I have some very annoying knocks and rattles going to try and find them!

Wondered if you guys maybe able to give me some pointers where to look!

1. Annoying more of a squeaking sound coming from offside rear, whilst driving slowish over uneven roads.

2.knocking/rattling coming from both sides front wheel/suspension area. Again whilst driving over uneven roads.

Any help will be appreciated as you would nit believe how much it's beginning to wind me up!!:think:
  2. Dazboss

Dazboss Like A Thristy Dingo ;)

Mines the same, i know my heat sheild on the cat is slighty loose, which i'll sort out, but im thinking lower wishbone arms ?
  3. snoopafly700

snoopafly700 New Member

i had the same prob could here knocking under my car it was the engine mount so i fitted the Front Engine Mount Dog Bone by powerflex sorted the prob right out plus gear change is alot smother i am well pleased
  4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

front could be bottom ball joint on the hub but then again it could be another 10+ otherthings the trick is to try and replicate it with the wheels in the air and shake it like a nutter!! been careful the car does not fall on you of course;)
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  5. zseth

zseth Member

could be loads of things, i had the knocking from both front sides when going over bumps or uneven roads and it was the drop links/anti roll bar links

best bet is to get it checked or be certain before replacing everything
  6. Speedy Steve

Speedy Steve Active Member

Could well be time to replace the bushes!