1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knight Rider lights

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by silver_mase, Oct 13, 2009.

1. silver_mase

silver_mase New Member

[Oct 13, 2009]
    Just wonder if any one els has had this problem? I think it may be down to slightly bad connection on the switch.
    I get home after long day at work, turn lights off, including parking lights, lock the car up and go in the house. In the morning I come out, open my car and as I open the door, the lights on chime sounds??? The switch is still off; the parking light is still off but still the chime sounds. Sometimes, after starting the car, the self diagnostic then says that there is lamp out, but there isn't?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Oct 13, 2009]
    Indicator stalk left down or up? Doing this leaves a sidelight on....(typically)

Check the side lights bulbs too as this sounds related

<tuffty/>
  4. silver_mase

silver_mase New Member

[Oct 17, 2009]
    Yeah, its not that I have left the indicator stalk down/up, it just comes on by its self. It did it again the other day, just pushing the switch a bit knocks it back off but it requires no human input to come on? Very odd? I checked last time and the side lights were all on. I think it is just a faulty switch, dry solder or something of that ilk.
    Thanks for the suggestion tho.
  5. Fuzzy felt

Fuzzy felt Member

[Oct 18, 2009]
    I had a problem with my fogs coming on when i turned the lights on, i took the switch out and found that the wiring block had come loose on one side, worth a try.