1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Klukking noise from the back

Dhaafier Mar 17, 2010

1. Dhaafier

Dhaafier New Member

Only when i make U turns. Feels like the rear diff is locked.
    What can be the problem

2. Westy

Westy Well-Known Member

Rear diff oil can get low and cause noise, so can the haldex. If I was you i'd get the rear diff oil changed (and haldex if it hasn't been done for a while) and see if the noise goes.

3. Mr.G

Mr.G Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3

Mine was doing this....with the ESP warning light coming on straight away. It's now disappeared, don't know how, but leave it a while....it might just fix itself.

I do have a complete differential to include the haldex controller and subframe which i'll be selling in the classifieds soon. If you did need one that is. I bought this for my car but as it's fixed itself there's no need to replace it.

G

4. Dhaafier

Dhaafier New Member

Thanks Guys.
    Mr G will keep you posted.Im thinking of selling my car :think:

5. Dhaafier

Dhaafier New Member

Thanks Guys.
    Mr G will keep you posted.Im thinking of selling my car :think:

6. Mr.G

Mr.G Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3

No worries. I was thinking the same thing, sell up! But what else is there that compares to the S3 for the money? Not much, so i've decided to stick with it.

G

7. ianysm

ianysm Active Member

Until the noise comes back and you've sold your replacement diff!!!

Agree, S3 is a fab all rounder for the money. What next? I've always fancied an Impreza just to say i've owned one but they can't tow horse boxes so another 4x4 for me i think!