Killer Road

batwad

Reaction score
Anyone see this programme on Channel 4 last night, about the high number of accidents on the A46? Boy, that was hard to watch.

I missed the first fifteen minutes of the programme though and was wondering if they gave any indication as to why the road's got such a high death rate?

Got through the first half an hour but had to switch over...it was harsh! They didn't really give an explanation; it just seemed a fast road, lots of over taking and far too many head on collisions.

I did notice that most of the people that died were in small cars like Saxo's though.

They had no explanation, they seemed to indicate that there was nothing wrong with the road, it was the drivers. All of the accidents featured were the result of drivers either racing each other and/or drinking and speeding. The 2 13 year old girls were walking along the road and were taken out by a drunk driver who was already serving his 4th ban and decided that it was a good idea to race his mate. Funny thing is, there was no mention of any speed camera's on that road. I wonder if there are any? They could do with the whole road being under average speed camera's.

You could probably pick it up on 4OD(http://www.channel4.com/4od/).