Keys

diesel-a4

Stoned As Fuk
Reaction score
Hi guys, i only got 1 remote key with my car and its looking a bit worn, the Audi logo is missing and its all marks like little scraps. you would think the was dragged across the ground.

Now i have been searching and see alot about reprogramming keys etc but by the looks of it you already need 2 keys to do it but theres my problem, i only have the one key

I dont want to be going to Audi as they rob you blind for almost everything so is there any other way i can get round this :rockwoot:

cheers:sex:

You could possibly get around it by 'home-brewing' a key but you'd still only have one remote key and I guess it's not perfect - plus this is only a theory at the moment...

AFAIK you can match the remote portion of the key with VAG-COM, so that part might be straightforward enough. The tricky part might be the blade and immobiliser transponder. I can't recall for certain whether or not you need the immobiliser SKC to log-in to match keys, but I think you do. That means that unless you have the plastic tag which has a scratch-off panel inside it (with a 4-digit SKC); your only option would be to try to transplant the transponder from your current key to the new one. I'm not sure how possible that's going to be though.

Everything will be a whole lot easier if you have a 4-digit SKC...

Regards,

Rob

i dont have the SKC code and by some more reading that ave been doing i need this no matter what.

gonna call my local dealer and get a price for a new remote key, ill report back in a few

EDIT:Isaac Agnew Audi wants £100 for the key and £100 to code it in

so thats £200 smacks for one dam key:keule::keule::puke2:

i wonder if i could get a key from ebay and just take the internals out of it and replace them with mine. So the only thing am changing is the actual shell of the key

EDIT 2: was thinking there, if i get the new keys blade cut to match mine and used my own key in the ignition and the new key in the door, will it be programed and fully working?

got the idea from here http://www.elektro.com/~audi/memory/

Having a new casing for your key was pretty much what I was thinking tbh... You'd just have a completely new remote portion. Like I say, I think you can match the remote using VAG-COM and as that happens inside the Central Locking module AFAIK there's no login required.

I think your idea of having one key for the locks and one for the ignition would likely work, but surely it'd be more annoying carrying one tidy and one tired key around than just one tired? I wouldn't go leaving the ignition key in the car somewhere either, that'd be asking for trouble imho...

Regards,

Rob

the only option is to swap the casing around or go to Audi and pay them £200, ill only do that whenthe time comes.

If the battery dies in the remote how do i match it back upto the car if its the only key

When purchased my A4 came with 3 flip-key remotes but only 2 actually opened/started car......took it to my local Audi stealer and it cost £44 to have the 3rd one programmed etc.
Can you not buy a key off Ebay and do the same? There are always loads for sale there, just be sure to get the right part number key as there are several different frequency transmitters used.............