Keyfob

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Hi all ,

whats the serial number most people have in there keyfob in there s3 ?

also where is a good place to get a keyfob cut ? how much ?

No its not same, but just flip the key out & under where the key is usually folding into is where the part number & frequency is usally printed on older 8L keys

if not then just slide the key apart so 2 halves & it will have it printed on usually the remote half somewhere.

It doesnt want to come off im sure audi/vw where the same .

No its not same, but just flip the key out & under where the key is usually folding into is where the part number & frequency is usally printed on older 8L keys

if not then just slide the key apart so 2 halves & it will have it printed on usually the remote half somewhere.

it will mate, if its the 8L version there's a small rectangular hole halfway between the 2 parts that you stick a small flat screwdriver into that then releases them to pull apart, its on most of the keys upto 04-05ish

Hi ,

well i found out the part number ,

is it true the transponder is in the key top half . They are £53 from audi for the top half i can get the same item from some guy on ebay £8.99 Brand new audi top half of key

Yes it is in top half & its glued in place, the price from stealers is very cheap now compared to what used to be & includes coding usually, the seller on ebay I know of doesnt come coded & you cant do unless you have your skc yourself, so has to be done by dealer anyway fella, you have to make sure its the correct immo chip/transponder for your car aswell so watch out, cause beadles about

No i dont think so £56 for top half then £36 bottom half ,

Then coding is £55 plus vat so no i wouldnt say its cheap ....

top half i can get for £8.99 uncoded but still saving money just need to get bottom half 4d0 837 231

Yes it is in top half & its glued in place, the price from stealers is very cheap now compared to what used to be & includes coding usually, the seller on ebay I know of doesnt come coded & you cant do unless you have your skc yourself, so has to be done by dealer anyway fella, you have to make sure its the correct immo chip/transponder for your car aswell so watch out, cause beadles about

They used to be £250 alone so yeah it is cheap & if you're friendly with your stealer then you might get coding for free.

At your risk yes £8.99 plus postage but has to be correct for your car & no guarantees it will code, prob will be ok but just warning you in advance.

Hi S3mad,

I thought I read out your SKC for you, the last time you came to visit ?

You should be able to avoid having to use a dealer for coding.

Cheers
Morgan

Hi,

The answer to that is "currently" no I am afraid.

We dont really offer key coding services, & as such dont have the tools dedicated for this purpose, it just happens with the 8L S3 the tool we use to backup the serial eeprom of the ECU also tells us the SKC, providing the cluster/ECU are already aligned.

In the case of the 8P I can put you in touch with someone, who should be able to help if you like ?

PM for details :)

Cheers
Morgan

vw/audi use the same part number for the bottom half is that right...

They used to be £250 alone so yeah it is cheap & if you're friendly with your stealer then you might get coding for free.

At your risk yes £8.99 plus postage but has to be correct for your car & no guarantees it will code, prob will be ok but just warning you in advance.

not that I remember as they are different badges, I'll have a dig of some images to remind me.

well just seen one with the same part number on ebay ...

not that I remember as they are different badges, I'll have a dig of some images to remind me.