Key stuck in ignition

dorgs

Reaction score
Hi all,

This happened once or twice over the last few weeks, put the car in park, turn off the ignition and the key would stick a bit. Now the key is stuck in the ignition with my car parked in the drive (The steering isn't locked)

Dealership is closed :( but AA are on the way. Just wondering if anyone experienced this before, btw it's a 1.2 S-tronic.

Thanks for reading, any suggestions more than welcome

I had a similar thing with my current 8P Sportback when I first had it. The dealer had a look and found it had 'the wrong sort of grease' around a small pin which was part of the interlock between the ignition and the s-tronic. The technician look out the pin, wiped it clean, put some different grease on it and it has given no trouble since.

Did you ring Audi On-Call because they usually send out one of the own or the RAC.

ah ok, hopefully just a small fix so. I'm living in Ireland, rang audi and got put through to AA :) they prob have skeletal staff at moment, so not sure what would normally happen here.

I had that happen with the TTS I owned! Audi Assist had to be called out - well it was the RAC who turned up and they couldn't fix it, so it got towed to the Dealer who sorted it out. On mine it was fault with the system that prevents the key being removed when the gear box wasn't in P.

Reactions: dorgs