Key stuck in ignition barrel.....HELP!!

Abb

Reaction score
Hi guys n gals, arrived home yesterday, an as I parked the car, turned the engine off, I nioticed the key didnt fully turn to the off position. As its an auto, the key doesnt come out unless its in 'P', which it obviously was, the key just refused to complete its turning rotation. Approximately 15mins of of jerking the steering wheel and simultaneously wiggling the key, it finally turned its final tuen and came out. I have sprayed the key and the barrel with WD40, and although its better, it still struggles with the final turn of the key. Any thoughts or suggestions on what has caused this or how to fix it! PS Tried both keys and its the same with both, so know its not down to the key!

last time i had this on a vw golf
i had to change the barrel

sounds like the "p" position solenoid thingy that lets the key turn that last bit might be out of adjustment or faulty. id look there anyway.

Yeah also agree, its the lock for the gear selector, iirc it can be adjusted, I'll have to remind myself via elsawin how, but read this before, just cant think where atm.