Key programing PIN / SKC ??

b00zehound

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a second hand key to match with VAG-COM. Just trying to figure out what code to use to get in. I have 3 possibles. With the car I have the origional main dealer sales invoice etc...It has a Key number..4 digit next to that is a R/C:xxxx (4 digit) then on the keys is a plastic tag with two numbers one starts with a letter then 6 numbers printed on a silver tag then on a white square is a 7 digit number....any ideas?

Not really sure which one. I wouyld have thought the plastic thing should have a scratch off bit with 4 digits under it.

To login using vag com u can use the 7 digit code with the workshop code and the date it was created. Or you can use the 4 digit code with a leading 0. for example if your 4 digit code is 1234 you would have to enter 01234.

If you get it wrong more than a certain amount of times it will lock you out for a time period, then if you do it agian the time period gets longer and longer. I cant remember the times etc but the info is on here somewhere.

You may find issues with a second hand key not coding properly, safer to go for a new one as they are cheap on ebay.

By the way when i was experimenting before i got my skc i tried 4-5 times with the wrong code and didnt have any issues.