Key Fob....

Izzy1

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
My key stopped working some time back and after replacing the battery it's still the same. after further investigation i noticed that a small chip had come apart from the circuit board. i've now brought a new key fob from ebay (which should arrive in a couple of days) and was wondering if you could advise of the best way to re-code it. or do i need to take it to the stealers?

as far as i know you need your SKC code and VAGCOM to tie it to the Imbo, should be able to remote lock ok though but wont start unless u have the above 2.

Is it a standard VW/Audi two part flip key?

If so, take your original front half and stick that onto the replacement ebay key. That will save any SKC recoding for the immobiliser, then all you need to do is follow the remote recoding instructions to program the remote.

yup standard 3 button Audi key.
Part number 4D0.837....A (that's what i remember off the top of my head)

yep, well it splits in two. The front half contains the immo transponder and your keyblade. That bits clearly working fine, as it starts the car.

So just put that front half onto the rear of the new fob, and match the fob to the car with the vagcom procedures.

that's through remote matching right? by entering in a new value?