key fob

disley

Reaction score
is there anywhere other than audi dealers
i can get a replacement key and fob?
have seen a few on ebay but does it have to be the exact same part number as mine to work?
obviously it will need reprogramming anyway

Have been told the serial number on the keyfob does need to be exactly the same to allow it to be coded to your immobiliser.

If you don't have an immobiliser, you may be able to get others to work, ie: unlock the car.

you can get the fob from ebay

take your apart and make sure you get the right one - p/n is inside it. the key breaks into 2 parts. the front end with the transponder can be opened by prising up the audi rings badge and there is a small screw inside.

i bought this one from ebay as my blade was snapped - 12 quid from ebay and 15 for cutting the blade to match from my mechanics key

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220249521502&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

you can also buy the whole key from ebay - costs a bit more 40- 60 pounds.

recoding from dealer for me was FOC as I bought a full key from them at £105

recoding on it's own at Chester Audi is £25, other dealers can charge £50 and maybe more

the key front end with blank blade and transponder inside I bought from ebay was recoded fine by the dealer - free luckly as I had bought a full key as mentioned above.

programming the remote to open the doors can be done as can the blade cutting, swapping the blades, and pairing up a new front end and remote. only thing as you recognise is the transponder recoding - they do all the keys at the same time.

i had to show my drivers licence and V5C as well as a utility bill for the recoding

I got a quote from smith knight fay audi in bolton..........£185:scared2:

the parts as above should be no more than 105 from the dealer - they are taking the mick on the labour to recode. no more than 15mins to do it.

I've being meaning to swap my key + Toad keyfob combo for one of those fobs.

Question - you say they can code it to trigger the remote locking. My Toad alarm does not activate with the central locking, i.e. if I lock the doors with the key in the door.

If they programmed a new fob to trigger the central locking remotely, chances are it won't activate the alarm, yeah?