1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key fob question

rconn31 Feb 17, 2011

1. rconn31

rconn31 New Member

Having just swapped the casing on my damaged fob that was Glued together but the previous owner (its a 1999.5 A4 avant TDi), in doing so, i have broken off one of the SMD Resistors / Capacitors [​IMG]

It's located on the battery terminal side of the circuit board (see attached image)

Can anyone pop thir key apart and give me a number off theirs so i can aquire and solder a replacement on?[​IMG]

the key fob is the usual B5 3button flipkey

And i wondered why it wasnt working :w00t: but guess it was my own fault for using a knife...

[​IMG]

Cheers guys :D

2. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Can anyone help with this. 2sec job (as if you were changing battery) and its visible :crying: need to get remote unlocking working as i currently unlock the drivers door and put key in ignition to open the other doors and boot and when loading the car its a right pain...:scared2:

3. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

Board in mine is different and no resistor there. sorry mate.

4. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member VCDS Map User

mine reads 103

5. AR-rkon

AR-rkon Mod back in a "B" Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep Team V6 Team Silver Audi A6 Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

cheers guys, all sorted.