key fob help

downhilldave77

Reaction score
hi all i have a problem with my key fob about a week ago it didnt work so my girlfriend changed the batterys took a few trys and all was well .i came home yesterday she said its not working again it turns out the car battery was flat. new battery fitted key fob not working opens with key and car starts i have tryed sync and nothing happens can anyone run throught the correct sync process please wonder if i am doing it right cheers

Someone will be around soon to answer, but whilst a key thread is open, may I just hijack it for a cheeky question?

Are the 1998 AGU's keys coded? It doesn't have remote locking but does have central. Thinking of getting another key cut for it as only have the one, and wondering if I need any gubbin's inside?

OP, sorry to hijack! :beerchug:

hi all i have a problem with my key fob about a week ago it didnt work so my girlfriend changed the batterys took a few trys and all was well .i came home yesterday she said its not working again it turns out the car battery was flat. new battery fitted key fob not working opens with key and car starts i have tryed sync and nothing happens can anyone run throught the correct sync process please wonder if i am doing it right cheers

Someone posted this up for me when i was having trouble with my keyfob, unfortuantly i had no spare and the key wouldnt work in my drivers door so was no good for me.

keyprogramaudi8l.png

Taken straight from Autodata. Vehicle entered was 2000 S3, not sure if it makes a difference though.

Edit: Just realised, this is no use if your key won't manually unlock the drivers door.

hi thanks for the reply its sorted now changed the betterys in fob got them from a motor factors run throu the sync process and all working now glad it wasnt a trip to the stealers :icon_thumright:

spatula, almost certain the key will be coded to the car. you will need to get it coded to the car otherwise you can unlock it but not start the car. good luck