Key and Key fob

I

imported_Cali

How do the Key fobs come apart ???
Where is the best place to get a new flip key cut ?
Seen blanks on ebay - any ideas

History

Going away for weekend Friday before last /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif- lost the bottom half of my key fob (the one with the key on it)
Panic!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
It must be somewhere in the house or I couldn't have drove the fricking car home - der /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Yes and I did all that "where did you have it last" crap and it wasn't there.
I could use the key fob (half the fob) to open and lock the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
So I got the spares /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif(had the car 2 years never used them before - oh poo couldn't find them.
Phew - found them - poo ! key on the 2nd key fob broken (now I remember that I was supposed to get another cut) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
The Service key is there - thank god.
Can't lock the stero front in the glove box ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any way found the key this morning poking out from under the freezer in the garage. PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

and locksmith/key cutting place can cut you a new one. then you'll need a half hour of audi's labour to get it programmed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ermm, whats the service key look like?

I bought a key blank off Ebay for £3.49 and then couldn't find anyone prepared to attempt to cut it.
Even my local key place who have been great in the past about cutting keys from blanks supplied by me wouldn't try it, saying they were too difficult and they had tried and failed in the past to cut them.
My local Audi Centre reckoned they cost £35 each and had to be sent away for---which later turned out to be rubbish info!.
I found that a VW main dealer about 30 miles away cut flip-type keys.
They reckoned that they would need the V5 of the car plus 2 forms of addressed ID to cut my keys.....
When I eventually visited the dealer they didn't ask for any form of ID and was told that the charge for the key blank was £5.29 inc VAT, cutting was free.
I bought 1 genuine key which they cut for me, they also cut my Ebay blade for nowt too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif