Key/Alarm/Lock-unlock question.

pipewerkz

Reaction score
This is my first post, i've been "lurking" reading up on things for the past month or so and I finally got my 2000 Pearl S4 yesterday, loaded except nav. and alcantra.

First, When I first picked up the car both keys (master keys? w/the buttons on them) worked and unlocked the doors, etc.. Now they will not work. I figured out what I did (i think) to make them not work anymore - so here is what I did... I had been driving the car pretty hard so I wanted to let the turbo cool down before I turned the car off. I didn't wanna leave the keys in the car just running and unlocked so I left the one key in the ignition and took the other one and locked the door manually (by sticking it in the lock, power locks won't lock with key in ignition i am assuming). Well since then both of my keys no longer unlock or lock the doors, any idea what the problem is or how to fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Which brings me to my next questions...

One thing that I also need to do is get a turbo timer or change my temp switch to a lower temp switch (i believe the 93deg. F one). Which do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
pipewerkz

Welcome to the tribe.

I'm afraid I have no answers to your questions though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

i'm sure to code a key to the car you have to insert key in ignition and turn drivers lock (might be a different car???????). Try searching for key programming or i think the tech articles on audiworld tell you how to code the key.