KERS and DRS in F1

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Decided to start a whole new thread on the subject instead.

Do you think the KERS and the new DRS system has made the racing artificial, or do you think it was the right move for the sport?

I mean let's face it, apart from being a good driver, the best car on the track wins most of the time, no matter whose driving it. If RedBull have a fully functional KERS system from the start, I would have thought Webber would have maybe cleaned up, given his race pace in the second half of the race, he was only 7secs behind P1 at the chequered flag!

Last edited:
IMO the Kers is a good thing as it def enhances the Racing and is sort of Tactical and needs to be used correctly to be an advantage.

As for the DRS I think it is a joke...... just to damn easy to pass another car on the track.... A huge advantage to the Car Following.

I like both KERS and DRS but like you said, it is easy to overtake.
On the other side I've been watching f1 for years and been bored for most of the races.
I think we need DRS to enjoy it more.

As for the DRS I think it is a joke...... just to damn easy to pass another car on the track.... A huge advantage to the Car Following.

The DRS is in development for each race though isn't it? It's all calculated that it's only available at certain points on the track, and you need to be withing 1 secs behind the guy in front for it to work. And in the Chinese GP, it was only available half way down the long straight, not the whole of it, or the guy behind would just fly past! They make it so yo can get alongside the car in front for a brake session.

However, why is the DRS system available for the whole lap during qualifying?

Is kers an equal system, as in have to use the same system from 1 manufacturer or there own incarnation of said?

Yeah was reading about the system, its there way of making it more enviromentally friendly, good idea in principle, as long as its equal then why not, requires driver awareness as such, not auto, so certainly worth a go, hope they bring in an electric car tournament aswell as mentioned, I would probably take more interest in that if I'm honest as I dont follow F1 at all.