1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerbed my front alloy tonight- what to do?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Block 405, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Block 405

Block 405 Member

[Feb 11, 2007]
    Hi, I've been really careful with my A4 TDI Quattro and the standard 17" five spoke star alloys but tonight on a dark country road near Edinbrgh (didn't know the raod well) I clipped my drivers side wheel on the right hand side kerb, DOH!
    Anyway it's caused a bit of damage on the edges of the alloy and a couple of marks on the frot of the rim.
    What the better bet, get a new rim or can they be repaired?
    Any idea of costs for either?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. Smudge973

Smudge973 Member

[Feb 11, 2007]
    Repair will be fine - Seach google for alloy wheel referbishment in your area. www.wickedwheels.co.uk are also an option if they have a guy in your location, but I cant comment on their work as I've never used them... Good luck bud.
  4. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Feb 11, 2007]
    That is so annoying when that happens, really feel for you. I agree if you have the time and a steady hand you can tackle the repair as per the thread above or you can look on ebay as they are very common and theres always a single one going. Whatever you decide good luck.
  5. tractorman

tractorman Member

[Feb 11, 2007]
    Think youd be better learning to stay on the proper side of the road 1st!
  6. Block 405

Block 405 Member

[Feb 12, 2007]
    I know..... I was swinging wide to cut the corner on a very narrow road!

Doh!
  7. Pimpster

Pimpster Rolling Thunder...

[Feb 12, 2007]
    Give Dav @ PureKlas a shout. He's the man when it comes to refurbing wheels. He big on the dub scene + with the edition 38 boys.

More info on their website: http://www.pureklas.co.uk/
  8. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Feb 12, 2007]
    Is your car still under warranty? if it is have a very close look at them to see if there is the slightest bubble of rust under paint.My wife kindly kerbed two of my 17ins star alloys about 12 months ago and as look would have it, both of the wheels had slight bubbles under paint.I was going to mention it to my dealer when car was due for service.But before service. I got a call from my dealer to check clutch as audi had a recall anyway clutch fine.But did you know sir there is rust bubbles ontwo of your wheels and we have ordered replacements.One week later 2 new wheels fitted by dealer.
  9. pav-g

pav-g Member

[Feb 13, 2007]
    Theres a single alloy on ebay - no tyre. Item no is 180085281993, see if you can do a deal... good luck
  10. Andy101

Andy101 Member

[Feb 13, 2007]
    Result !! :rockwoot:
  11. Block 405

Block 405 Member

[Feb 14, 2007]
    Yes it's still under warranty but I checked and there's on other sign of bubbling or wear and tear to the rim. I also noticed I'd quite badly hit the rear rim too. Even more expensive news was the back tyres need replacing soon! I'm getting the 2 alloys refurbed at £43 each and will be looking at about £90 a tyre too..... ouch!

Will let you know how it all goes
  12. motorbikez

motorbikez Active Member

[Feb 14, 2007]
    Just not your day mate but could have been worse at least £43 per wheel doesn't sound to bad.
  13. Block 405

Block 405 Member

[Feb 16, 2007]
    Well got my alloys back and new tyres (dunlop sp3000 on the back)
    The finish on the rims is not an exact match to the audi alloy finish which is disappointing. At least the re furbs are front and back drivers side so they match when looking side on . My car is gun metal grey. The refurbed wheels are a bit darker more grey than the audi 5 spokes... oh well will probably end up kerbing the offsides and have to have them re done at some point to!