1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenwood headunit upgrade question

Black_B6 Dec 26, 2013

1. Black_B6

Black_B6 Member

Hey

My son stuck a few coins down my factory stereo cd slot a couple months back which stopped the cd player working, radio was okay but that became intermittent and does what it wants now....changes stations itself etc ...very random..

...anyway... bought a kenwood headunit..

So wheres best and cheapest place to get the audi to kenwood harness or connector.. also what else would i need. A cage?

2. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

My oem chorus head unit packed up, probably the only fault that didn't **** me off. Anyway after sourcing a blue tooth head unit from Ebay I got everything else from halfords. I know they are not the cheapest but they had everything. Main interface lead, (seen kenwood lead advertised), power suppression filter, antenna power booster and a trim surround to tidy it up.

Does anyone know where to find replacement (non bose) front tweeters? One of mine is crackling. Mark.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2013
  3. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

I got all my kenwood leads from Dynamic sounds, i think i also got my facia plate from them.

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

That's probably a broken wire in the door loom?

5. BakPak

BakPak No Gear

Thanks James, I'll check the wiring and sorry for using the pee word! Mark.

quattrojames likes this.