1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kenwood DDX7025 in a NEW A3???

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_tobycruse, Jul 29, 2004.

1. imported_tobycruse

imported_tobycruse Guest

[Jul 29, 2004]
    Heres a question i would love answering, i have a new A3 2.0 FSI and i am thinking of changing the head unit. It the one with the 6 cd auto changer and and cassette deck in one, the symphony 2 i think. The car has the bose sound system installed. The thing i wanted to replace it with is the Kenwood DDX7025.

This is also double din in size but will it go in easily?
    What about the bose amp that is already in the car, would it work with the Kenwood?
    Does the bose amp have phono in?
    If not would the bose speakers work off the Kenwood?
    Does anyone know how the original Audi head unit and amp and speakers is wired? Would love to know!

Hope you guys out there can help!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Heres the pic of the Kenwood! Very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Hope you guys out there can help!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 30, 2004]
    Hey T.Cruse, glad to see you weren't put off by our unforgiveable behaviour on your previous post!
    The Bose setup consists of a 4 channel Bose amp taking front & rear line outs from the HU, and a separate sub with its own amp. You'd need a wiring adapter to enable the standard Phono/RCA outputs from the Kenwood to plug into the Bose loom. Various people have had problems with these adapters especially with noise and interference as the Audi wiring is shockingly bad (in the old A3). Hopefully it is improved in the Mk2.
  4. garethj

garethj Member

[Jul 30, 2004]
    Thats a lot of kit for £850, as Andy say with the right adapters it should be pretty easy to fit. Might be tricky to match the surround to the dash but it looks a similar size to the Audi Sat Nav+ DVD so a standard part might work.

Andy I don't think the wiring has improved in the 8P model, if anything it's got worse.