Kent Meet?

[ QUOTE ]
Nova GTE???

[/ QUOTE ]

Now your dreaming Rob. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hi folks back at long last have been busy and what with the site going down i haven't been back. i won't spoil the suprise but i can say that i could give you all 2 guesses each and you'd never get it!! BTW the wife would kill me if she knew, i am currently planning a way to break it to her gently. any ideas??

[ QUOTE ]
Why not a Lotus Exige...nice!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
A lotus elise or vauxhall VX 220.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't quite afford that much for a bit of track day fun...

It's a classic, that's all I'll say, I'll post a pic later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kev.

[ QUOTE ]
Caterham 7. or Renault 5 Turbo.

PICS>>>>>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, nothing so exotic!

We bought somthing light, quick and cheap enought that when we write it off, there will be few tears...

Lotus%201.JPG

d3_1_b.jpg

Kev.

Well, it may be a classic, but it's still fairly quick:

Spec Sheet

Highlights:

Kerb weight: 1171 kg

Max. output: 182.5 PS (180.0 bhp) (134.2 kW)@6500 rpm

Max. torque: 224.0 Nm (165 lbft) (22.8 kgm)@5000 rpm

0-60mph: 6.8 s

0-100mph: 20.4 s

Quarter mile: 14.90s

Kilometre: 26.40s

Top speed: 217 km/h

Power to weight: 153.71 bhp/ton

However I would expect the stats to be slightly better in reality, the car has been stripped so weights less (even down to things like air con compressor and associated motors) and the engine has been rebuilt and tweaked as well as the gear box re-geared, LSD etc...

However speed is not everything for the track, it's about the satisfaction you get and the handling of the car, so all should be good.

Other good points are the classic car insurance - does not affect your main insurance policy and is CHEAP.

Driving it back I got lots of cars pulling up beside me on the motorway to have a look too - I'm a tart!

Kev.

Just picked up on this. Sounds like a hoot of a project. Even if you can't fix up another trip to the Ring, very soon, there's always Brands Hatch.

right then I'm back, 2 things anybody else up for the karting thing, it looks like it's teams of 3. I think Kev is up for it and I would be up for it. so if you fancy a go let me know and i'll see if we are still in time. the other is the ring, we need to go soon but the public days and times are getting thin on the ground. it appears next weekend is the best one (sat 17th 13:15 through sunday all day) the next best is the following one (sat 24th18:00 till 19:30 and a full day on sunday). after that the only sat/sun options are end of november. having just got back from a holiday with my parents, the wife and my 2 year old i could do with getting away asap - however this may also prove promblematic.

Deep breaths Eric, and slooooooowwwwwwww, the ring isn’t going anywhere it was simply you leaving the ring alone for a few days so you, your mummy, daddy, nagging anti ring missus and your destructive kid could go on a happy family vacation.

So when are we going, as I feel we may loose Eric to the ring depression couch.

All of the above is meant is jest Eric but seriously when are we going? That soon - wow I had better get my finances in order as I’m putting $$ deposit down for the Monaco GP in 2006.

mid to late nov a sat and sunday is best looking at the opening times of the ring. Have been down to Brands in the meantime and we are planning the lotus's first outing on Oct 12th I think if it's a tuesday then that's it. Brands Hatch is a little short but great fun. I was able to pass keep up with pretty much everything on the track including a 5litre TVR driven by someone who said he had raced in his distant past. Passed a 964 Turbo R32 a BMW E30 with a very big non road style spoiler a clio cup that looked race preped. In there defence it was a novice day. So anyone up for the ring in late nov let us know or alternatively Brands in Oct. If you didn't know I am lovin the track!!

where? do i have to gggoggogogoole it is that a place where only BMW drivers go near the Iwearaskirt and next to the Indicatorsdontwork pub /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Well where ever it is I am sure I can get there, lets face it if you can get there in your diesel I'm sure I can get there in my prehistoric 1.8t /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
a meet sounds good, an excuse to clean the car again, the roads are filthy at the moment, hate driving on them.

i didn't know you boarded, but then we dont go round with boards strapped to our backs now do we! I love it but rarely get to go and cant see any light at the end of the tunnel what with another kid on the way.
So back to the meet, any takers??

Yes I snowboard regularly - if not on the dry slopes every Thursday then I'll be going to xscape Milton Keynes. Then I have my compulsory winter vacation once a year. Its a drug for me, actually its the only thing that’s calms me down from all the day to day stress people encounter!

Now meet?

Where is everybody?

[ QUOTE ]
I might be able to pop along. Let me know when and I will try and make it!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too - If I'm around then I'll try, be good to catch up and see y'all

It's not going to happen for me this side of xmas as I am off to Derby on thursday for a week so how about earlier new year?

pfffff its like trying to collect stamps this!

Anybody like curry and clubbing? My birthday on the 22nd March so were all going up to Brick Lane, London for a curry on the Friday 24th March and then onto Pacha, Victoria.

Any takers if so I'll put you on the guest list at Pacha.

As for a Audi/BMW meet ------------------------------------yep tumble weed.