1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keener alignment set-up (settings) for Standard car?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by GT130, Nov 17, 2009.

1. GT130

GT130 Member

[Nov 17, 2009]
    Getting two new tyres on at the w/end and having a full alignment carried out by a decent firm - should I just get the standard factory alignment specifications or can any adjustments be made for a keener drive (less u/steer etc ??)

I know there are some very in the know people on here (Ess-Three etc), any ideas ?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 17, 2009]
    Other than potentially a bit more negative camber on the front and maybe a bit more caster by pushing the subframe as forward as it will go not much really. Rears are best left unless you have lowered the car and fitted adjustable tie bars.

Toe is something you 'could' play with, more positive toe on the front will give a sharper turn in but will also make the front feel more nervous. Its really down to personal preference at that stage.

You can get a little more negative camber out of the front by opening the slots where the ball joint fixes to on the front wishbones, other possible mods that are worth while are Powerflex front bushes for the front wishbones and making sure you have non voided rear bushes in the front wishbone too. These can also be upgraded with vibratechnics bushes which will give a much more solid feel to the front. Don't use Powerflex equivs though as these have been known to squeeze out.

<tuffty/>
  4. s3ollie

s3ollie Member

[Nov 20, 2009]
    negative dont you mean? :icon_thumright:
  5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 21, 2009]
    Toe out is what I was meaning :)

<tuffty/>
  6. ianysm

ianysm Active Member