1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Karcher pressure fault or is it a normal thing?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by JDM82, Feb 19, 2012.

1. JDM82

JDM82 Member

[Feb 19, 2012]
    OK so I set my washer up with the snow foam lance and pull the trigger, the washer kicks in and for a few seconds the foam is coming out thick and fast. Then for some reason the pressure washer seems to lose pressure or something and the foam quickly turns into water? The pressure washer isn't old and I've looked after it so I can't seem to figure out whats happening. If I release the trigger then press it again it seems to kick back in and I've got foam again. Am I doing something? Should I maybe use the washer for a bit before attaching the lance?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Just to add......

The washer works perfectly as a jet washer just seems to go mental when using the snow foam lance?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. jon_273

jon_273 New Member

[Feb 19, 2012]
    Did you try the normal jet lance again after using the snowfoam lance, and did it work? Because mine does something similar and it's usually because there is air in the pump. It can be a pain to bleed sometimes.
  4. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

[Feb 19, 2012]
    Was happening to me a couple of weeks back when the water was around freezing temperature. I just assumed it was freezing up. The compressor was also making a horrible racket.
  5. JDM82

JDM82 Member

[Feb 19, 2012]
    Yeah tried the normal jet lance and it works fine, its just the foam lance. Im gunna try using the jet lance first then switching it over to the foam lance and see what happens. Im hoping its just the pressure washer needing some time to pressure up or something.
  6. JDM82

JDM82 Member

[Feb 19, 2012]
    Im not a 100% sure but I think this was happening well before the cold tempertures came. Im hoping its just something simple, like I haven't given the pressure washer time to build enough pressure for the foam lance to operate properly or something.
  7. jon_273

jon_273 New Member

[Feb 19, 2012]
    Only other thing I can think of is that when there is low backpressure at the lance the pressure washer starts sucking up the from detergent pipe, you can tell when it's doing this as it makes a different noise. It does this so you can apply detergent at low pressure with a rotary brush or the vario lance.

What type of snow foam lance have you got, and have you tried adjusting the dial on the top?
  8. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member

[Feb 19, 2012]
  9. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Feb 19, 2012]
    mine done it today i just keep my finger on the trigger and it start working after having its little fit. think its common
  10. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

[Feb 19, 2012]
    i brought mine indoors as the vp snow fam hates the cold turns to wite glue. tip if you do keep it outdoors put it in hot water bucket for a coulpe of mins first