1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

karcher foam lance & Chemical Guys Maxi Suds. Water ratio advice?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by AL_B, Feb 29, 2008.

1. AL_B

AL_B Active Member

[Feb 29, 2008]
    Hi,

Just bought these products for doing pre-wash. I was recommended the Meguiars Shampoo Plus, but just couldn't find anywhere that has any in stock at the moment. So got the Maxi Suds, hopefully, as a good alternative.

I just need some advice on what ratio of Shampoo to Water I should use.

Also, for info, my car has Zymol Royale on, will Maxi Suds be ok and not strip the wax?

Cheers

AL
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

[Feb 29, 2008]
    the maxi suds won't strip the Royale as it is ph neutral but its a bit expensive to be using as a pre-wash thorugh a foam gun.
    you shouldn't really need to add any water to the chemical bottle on the foam lance attachment as the chemical is mixed with water as it sprayed through the pressure washer.

you can get meguiars gold class shampoo from halfrauds for about £14 for 2 litres
  4. deuce

deuce Member

[Feb 29, 2008]
  5. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[Mar 3, 2008]
    Around 4:1 (water:shampoo) in the foam gun bottle should be about right, assuming a standard mix ratio of 128:1. However, sometimes a little playing around is needed. A much better bet in the long run through would be Meguiars Hyper Wash, as it is designed for foam usage and has a daft mix ratio of 400:1, meaning you only need to use a tony amount in the bottle to generate very thick foam. It is also safe for use on high end Zymol finishes; we maintain Vintage finishes with it with no problems at all. :icon_thumright: