1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K04- where do I buy - UK or US ????

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by andysAko4, May 8, 2008.

1. andysAko4

andysAko4 Member

[May 8, 2008]
    Can anyone help me out with buying this turbo :sos: Don,t know if I should buy in uk and pay tru the nose or go over the pond. AET Turbos quoted me £595 + Vat 4 turbo and 480 for stage 2 remap and dyno. Good / bad or what.I would rather go on personal recommedations etc.
    Fed -up of trawling ebay and net Helpppppppppp :banghead:

:blackrs4:MiJ Exhaust - Bailey - FMIC - Spax Full Adjust - noname ? 18" but look good - paint and bumpers nxt then TURBO !!!!!!!! :rock:
  2. billybravo

billybravo MODERATOR

[May 8, 2008]
    im a dealer for AET turbo and i think that price is a good one mate but you might want to look at the sp range of turbos in the other thread as for the remap dam in my eyes thats cheap for a stage two what is the spec of the map.
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 8, 2008]
    Thats a good price for the K04, i paid about £5 more than that @ backdraft motorsport, mark is good, he supplied a fitting kit with it.

You could try Sean @ Scroll products and see if you can get a Sp1 or SP1x from him, it would work out cheaper with a more potent turbo

The problem with importing is the damn customs,unless you can get it put as a warrenty replacement it costs you dearly.Look in the EU sean is based in Poland but charges in $ and as the exchange rate is almost 2 for 1 a bargain can be had
  4. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 8, 2008]
    My total cost including a dead K04-15 from the USA will be less than £500 for a SP51X.
  5. andysAko4

andysAko4 Member

[May 8, 2008]
    Thks Guys, thats put my mind to rest.I will proably stick to uk or Poland ! never heard to those turbos but you live and learn. Billy - Didn,t get full detail on map but if I go down that route you will be the 1st to know. SP51X what are you expecting to get from that ? Don,t have fund yet for gbox etc so tring to keep under 280bhp
  6. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 12, 2008]