K04 Turbo

SinkyA3

Reaction score
is this a straight bolt on job to my audi a3 2.0 tfsi quattro or do i need anything to go with it??

cheers

$_57.JPG
so this would be no good without the pipes from an s3?

I looked into doing a conversion myself, but got disheartened when i realised just how many new parts were involved. the turbo in the picture will bolt right up to the engine, but almost nothing else will fit. All of the pipes are bigger on the K04, the diverter valve is relocated so you need a kit for that too. Also the HPFP will need doing before you run any serious boost, and the clutch probably won't like the upgrade to much either (mine slips at 300lb-ft)

The trouble is,whilst pretty much anything is do-able,it comes down to time and cost.

As has already been said,bolting the manifold and turbo onto the engine is no big deal,but the pipework,diverter,and fuelling all need different parts,and then of course you need it mapped to deal with the bigger turbo and airflow.

And...if you do all of that and turn the boost up,you may need to consider engine internals,as the S3 rods are uprated by comparison with the 2.0TFSi.