1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k04 turbo into an A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by AndrewUkR6, Nov 23, 2004.

1. AndrewUkR6

AndrewUkR6 Member

[Nov 23, 2004]
    Hi all.

I've recently recieved a brand new K04 turbo for my 1998 A3 T, after discussions with some knowledgeable people off here I think I can manage fitment.

All I need now is a standard S3 / TT manifold; and a larger exhaust so the turbo doesnt overheat due to increased back pressure -

can anyone reccommend, as I dont want to fit a 5" Blitz. Id rather keep looks and sound standard - I thought perhaps an S3/ TT backbox and a fabricated mid section + cat?

(ps if anyone has these parts spare email me! ukjungalist@hotmail.com)

Cheers!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 23, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    AndrewUkR6 said:
    Hi all.

I've recently recieved a brand new K04 turbo for my 1998 A3 T, after discussions with some knowledgeable people off here I think I can manage fitment.

All I need now is a standard S3 / TT manifold; and a larger exhaust so the turbo doesnt overheat due to increased back pressure -

can anyone reccommend, as I dont want to fit a 5" Blitz. Id rather keep looks and sound standard - I thought perhaps an S3/ TT backbox and a fabricated mid section + cat?

(ps if anyone has these parts spare email me! ukjungalist@hotmail.com)

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Milltek all the way. They even do a system that the tailpipes remain in the stock location like the original (i.e behind the bumper) Increasing bore is the only way to make it more free flowing, and doing this is almost guarantteed to increase noice, but the sound outside the car is not at all loud so doesnt really make people look too much.

Cheers

Rich