K04 Revo

schwartza3

Reaction score
Hey everyone,i already posted this on the A3/S3 forum, hoping i'll get a few more responses here,
I'd like to find out if there is Revo software/remap available for my car that is specifically written for the K04-001 turbo.
My ecu number is 06A 906 018 AQ. The car is an Audi a3 1.8t 98 model (AGU).
Also let me know what else is required with the Revo K04 program,
if it is available (eg. Injectors, fpr, larger maf…), do I need a new turbo inlet pipe?
My understanding is that Revo is loaded, not physically installed as a chip, is this correct??
I read on uk-mkivs that these early ecu’s can’t be flashed so I’m confused how exactly is the new map set up?

Cheers!!

Try speaking to Jabba mate, I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions, they arent a Revo agent but do custom rolling road maps. As far as I know early cars cant have the program directly flashed so they flash the software onto a new chip then replace the chip.

S3Steve said:
Try speaking to Jabba mate, I'm sure they will be able to answer your questions, they arent a Revo agent but do custom rolling road maps. As far as I know early cars cant have the program directly flashed so they flash the software onto a new chip then replace the chip.

im in australia mate, no jabba down here.
:icon_thumright: for confirming my question.
i've seen a few ppl here with a revo remap on 98-99 a3s,
so i guess this is done by installing a revo chip???

Ah, didnt realise you were down under mate. I think the early cars that cant be flashed on the car are pre 97 mate. As for sorting out a map in Australia mate I would look for a tuner that does turbo conversions on Audi's as they must be able to sort a custom map to work with the ko4.

i got a reply from Revo, unfortunately they don't offer software to work with K04-001 on my car (98 A3 18t, ecu:06A 906 018AQ)
i hope they got something to work with the k04-20.
steve, there are a few places but i'm certain they dont do custom maps, they only sell the software (giac, apr, revo...)
Giac does have a file for the K04-001 but you gotta replace a billion other bits (fpr, maf, injectors, ...)

If your planning on using a k04-020 you will need the other bigger parts to get more air and fuel into the engine to create the extra power.

To even run one of the k04-001s u will need a 4 bar fpr a new TIP (the k03 physically doesnt fit) and a bigger cat ( to prevent killing trees).

The Revo stuff you read about on AGU a3s is there SPS1 kit, info here:
http://www.revotechnik.com/products/sps1.aspx

hope this helps