1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K04 Exhaust Manifold

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Robbo87, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Robbo87

Robbo87 New Member

[Aug 10, 2012]
    Hey all, my car is in for work over the weekend and i have a feeling ( a really loud rumbly feeling : / ) that the whole manifold is gone not just the gasket.

Ive been looking about ebay/classifieds for an S3 being broken down, manifold about 60 - 80, or an OEM mani for about 100 - 150, as the Stealers was over 300 for one!

My S3 is a 2000 APY model but all the manis i find dont seem to be specific to engine codes? Can someone please explain which ones will / wont fit directly onto my unmodified car, as i dont want to outlay a lot of money and still be left in with the same problem!

Many thanks in advance!
  2. Westy

Westy Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

[Aug 10, 2012]
    You might be better off double checking with the parts department at the stealers but I think all S3 manis are the same. When looking for a 2nd hand one you want to make sure it's not cracked. But anyway, you dont even know that the mani needs replacing yet ;)
  3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

[Aug 10, 2012]
    I am not aware of any fitment differences between APY, AMK or BAM engine codes so any K04 manifold for a transverse 20v should fit...

You can also use one from a TT and Leon Cupra R too...

Just be aware that most if not all secondhand mani's will be cracked... its what they do... from experience though most blows liek this are just down to the bolts backing out and the turbo/mani gasket blowing... even with a crack it will seal fine in most cases..

Be sure to use new OEM bolts though and an OEM gasket as anything else will just go the same way in no time at all...

<tuffty/>
  4. Robbo87

Robbo87 New Member

[Aug 12, 2012]
    Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated! Fingers crossed eh lol
  5. Chlippo

Chlippo Member

[Aug 12, 2012]
    why not an aftermarket manifold, a fix for your problem and an upgrade at the same time
  6. s3gazz

s3gazz Well-Known Member

[Aug 13, 2012]
    im taking my car to bits mate so if my s3 mani is not cracked ill pm u and sort u out