1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k04-023 turbo only!!??

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by KEF A3 20V T, Oct 31, 2006.

1. KEF A3 20V T

KEF A3 20V T Turbo's Rule

hi was wondering, i have a k04-023 turbo sat in my bed room gathering dust was wondering if i would be able to just fit that without injectors n maf?? would it work or not???:shrug:
  2. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Member

Not a chance fuelling and airflow would be all over the place,at your own peril.
  3. madvw

madvw Active Member

would it? surely the boost would be monitored in the same was as before, just the wastegate would open earlier as the boost limit was reached earlier?

i'm no expert any level on turbo's, but i'd expect it would work fine - you'd just be waste(gate)ing all that extra boost you could be using.

A custom remap is the bare minimum for installation and seeing any benefit.
  4. Tallpaul

Tallpaul Member

Is this a theoretical or practical question?

I guess theoreticaly just changing the turbo would be OK at low-mid revs. I'm not sure the N75 would necasserily be OK on it's own under full load. You don't even want to risk running lean IMO.

Practically you can't just bolt it on. Your mani, downpipe, oil/coolant lines and turbo intake pipe are all the wrong size/in the wrong place.