1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k03s turbo question

dplovin Oct 29, 2012

1. dplovin

dplovin Member

i have a 1.8t with the k03 turbo 150bhp, wanting a tad more power but in the easiest way.

was thinking k04 upgrade but theres a whole lot more needed as you know and with christmas round corner cant really afford it.

so k03s am i right in saying its just a straight bolt on job?? or is there more needed internally again

2. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

K03s and a k04-015 if you can find one are both bolt on although k03s is more so as everything else can stay the same, however without a remap it'll pretty much stay stick anyway.

3. dplovin

dplovin Member

so what you rekon mate with a remap on a k03s you would be looking at around 210/220.

yeah i know what you mean about k04-015, mate of mine been looking for a while, some on ebay from abroad but wouldnt trust fitting one of them if you want it to last

4. beachbuggy

beachbuggy Well-Known Member

Yep 210/220 is about right.

if you want a k04-015 then drop Ollyquattro a pm and ask him about the k04 I did for him...

5. dplovin

dplovin Member

yeah will do mate nice 1 ;)

deep pockets this modding game lol

6. olly quattro

olly quattro Member

hi everyone,, yes i am alive,, not been on here for a while,,

if i were you i woudl go for one of beachbuggys hybrid turbos, you will notice a much stronger midrange and also hold power for longer throughout teh revrange. Dan done a fantastic job of mine and was very helpfull trhoughout, you will be in good hands.

7. olly quattro

olly quattro Member

now that i have my vag com up and running again ill post up some boost logs,

8. tomb

tomb New Member

If he went for the k04-015. what else would need to be changed?

9. olly quattro

olly quattro Member

nothing it bolts staright in..

woudl be worth getting the map tweaked at a later date though to unleash the full potential of it.

i just got beachbuggy to rebuild mine to ko4-015 spec and port the turbine housing also.