1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k03s rebuild

lol4fun Feb 3, 2014

1. lol4fun

lol4fun Member

anyone refurbished one with pictures?

if not ill give it a go and post pictures :)

2. lol4fun

lol4fun Member

Well I've got the turbo now, but it needs more work than I thought, there is minimal play in the shaft but large cracks around the waste gate and the intake compressor has bent blades
    [​IMG]

Where can i get replacement parts from? Are there any upgrade options available while its in bits?

3. lol4fun

lol4fun Member

Still no luck with getting replacement parts, anybody know a supplier?

4. cammage08

cammage08 Member

Beach buggy turbos is probs your best person to speak to... he has a facebook page and a website..

5. 16Klappe

16Klappe I <3 Panda's! Supporter

And he will rebuild it for you properly if you pay him.

6. lol4fun

lol4fun Member

I messaged him on FB and through his website but no reply :( not got a great deal of money to spend on getting this turbo good

7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

This turbo sounds scrap tbh. It'll be iro 400 or more for a new / recon I reckon. New hotside, compressor wheel , bearings and seals , assembly and balancing as a minimum requirement to fix yours.

8. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

True but you will never learn anything getting "others " to do it, from his first post he wanted to have a crack at it himself, but if its cost saving, i agree it would be better to buy one already done, as balancing is not cheap..

9. lol4fun

lol4fun Member

Yea I wanna have a go myself partly due to cost but I want to learn too, if it lasts a year after I rebuild it I'll be happy to be honest.

That's about twice what I had planned, what are my options around the £200 mark?

10. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

Beer, Whores and a bit of poker...;)

westcoast a3 likes this.
  11. lol4fun

lol4fun Member

That's normally the way all my money goes, well not those specific things but I end up with nothing to show for it lol

cammage08 likes this.