K03s boosting issue

Rhop92

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm new to the forum and was just hoping for some advice, on possible over boosting.

yesterday me and a friend installed a k03s onto my agu engine running revo stage 1 software along with a manual boost controller (installed by previous owner) I took it out for a little test drive around the block and all seemed fine pulling very well low in the revs, and sounding great :) until I started driving home and as soon as I hit more than 4k rpm the boost just shut off. So pulled over in a layby and turned the boost controller right down to get it home.
Just wondering if it would be better to reconnect the n75 and chuck the manual boost controller straight out, until I can get it in to the garage to tweek the map.

Many thanks in advance.

Russell

...Just wondering if it would be better to reconnect the n75 and chuck the manual boost controller straight out, until I can get it in to the garage to tweek the map.

Do this ^^^ ...although tbh, run with the N75 electrically disconnected until you have got the map sorted...

<tuffty/>

So reconnect the n75 pipework but not the electrical plug? And ditch the controller all together? Will this mean that it will boost properly again?

Thanks Russell

Well... I can't say if it will 'boost properly' as for all I know there are other issues with your car but changing to N75 control will mean it will be configured correctly so that the map will actually be able to control boost as its supposed to...

You can try with the N75 plugged in and see if its sorted... the map is load based and will compensate by dropping load request/boost accordingly when its met the mapped load request...

To get the best out of the K03s though you will need a custom map...

<tuffty/>

Ahh brilliant thanks a lot for your help :) gonna go try that now I think :) thanks for your help I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Russell

Thanks a lot tuft yo will be doing this tomorrow as it is a bit dark now :) really appreciate it :)

Thanks, Russell

I plugged the n75 in with electrical connection, and it boosted up to about 10 psi and then started to stutter, could this be a faulty n75 or another issue all together?

Russell

Boost jumpy, it seems to have stopped now . Could it have been ECU settling to the new turbo? Need a custom map for sure :)

Russell

Driving home from work today I noticed it was stuttering when I started to boost again, I got home and checked the piping noticed a slight kink in the AUM tip that was fitted (was a very tight fit) could this be the cause? Maybe not getting enough air in?

Russell

I have exactly the same problem on my agu after fitting my k03s mate mine isn't remapped but as you say after 4k boost jumpy and I get back fires almost like under fuelling, definitely needs a remap but few other things to sort first I don't use mine ATM as dont want to damage it.