1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K03s boost problem

and32 Oct 19, 2009

1. and32

and32 Member

hello ive just had a customcode phae 2 remap on my k03s conversion a3 and i think im having boost problems. the car only makes a spike of about 16 psi at the most, then almost instantly falls to about 14 psi up to about 4500 rpm at the most then it keeps dropping and at 6-7000 its about 8-9 psi, is thiss normal or to low. I keep reading posts bout k03s cars holding 15 -16 psi all the way to the redline.

2. Az

Az Hard slammed!

I've got exactly the same set up on my A3 mate, same map etc.

I've got a boost gauge to go in my car which I haven't got round to fitting yet, so unfortunately I can't tell you if boost does drop and by how much, but I can tell you that you should be seeing slightly more boost with that custom code stage 2 map, I think mine peaks at about 18psi iirc. Mine does seem to drop a bit from 6000 rpm, again, couldn't tell you by how much, but that's the nature with most turbos, especially as the k series turbos aren't exactly big! so will naturally run out of puff higher up the rev range.