1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K03 shaft question!!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Wilts, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Wilts

Wilts Member

Hey guys i finally got a second hand k03 turbo for my audi a3 agu engine and it seems fine apart from the shaft with the fan on has movement from side to side its not alot maybe 1mm if that its only side to side not in and out but would it be ok or shall i get my money back?? Any info would be great.
  2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition Staff Member Moderator

A little movemoent side to side is fine... excessive movement in and out would be bad but as you don't have that you should be fine

<tuffty/>
  3. Wilts

Wilts Member

None in&out but about 1mm side to side if that!!
  4. tubby-ben

tubby-ben Member

in out is a big problem, side to side is ok with 1mm, i was dead lucky when i changed my TIP i checked my ko3 and had no movement at all, 121k too. good luck with it.....
  5. Customboy

Customboy Member

Sounds ok to me once oil feed is fitted and running should sort it out should of asked me got my ko3 sitting in my shed only covered 80k
  6. Wilts

Wilts Member

Cheers guys as always its put my mind at rest, it only cost me £88 delivered so worth a punt at that price getting it on next wkend so wel see lol.