just shamefully ordered some red bits for my S3 :)

All four done now and I'm loving the look! The blue is very subtle (the flashy red just isn't me!), and I think is a great little accent. I may use the same color on the aluminum trim pieces but I'll be happy with just this for a while...
20160726 121241
20160726 121220
20160726 121148
20160726 121100
20160726 121015

Reactions: Q5 TRS, Simon L, Jassyo06 and 5 others
Reactions: Simon L, Rob2k68, zippster and 1 other person
I really like this!! Bit of continuity inside and out, looks awesome mate, good work! :friends:

Looks great!! Really suits the car!
However..
Slight problem... How did the steering wheel get on the wrong side? Is this photo flipped by accident :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Max-Robbo
Slight problem... How did the steering wheel get on the wrong side? Is this photo flipped by accident :tearsofjoy:
One can hope ;) look at the date in the DIS, entirely ridiculous way of displaying the date so sounds to me like it's from across the pond ;)

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and zippster
One can hope ;) look at the date in the DIS, entirely ridiculous way of displaying the date so sounds to me like it's from across the pond ;)

Ludicrous I tell yah!! It will never catch on you know!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
However..
If you look at the pics with a mirror it becomes less confusing lol

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, zippster and 1 other person
If you look at the pics with a mirror it becomes less confusing lol
After his sideways post the other day it will be interesting to see jassyo06 attempt this one....

@jassyo06 you're up! Don't forget the pic! :D

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
After his sideways post the other day it will be interesting to see jassyo06 attempt this one....

@jassyo06 you're up! Don't forget the pic! :D
He will have to be careful he doesn't crack the mirror...lol:haha:
Just kidding jassy...I'm sure you look as good as your avatar....:whistle2:

Reactions: Simon L, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
However..
Yep, one those S3s from across the pond - with the wheel on the 'right' side! :tonguewink:

Reactions: Simon L, zippster, pburv and 2 others
Yep, one those S3s from across the pond - with the wheel on the 'right' side! :tonguewink:

You have 2 tone leather..easy spot that, it either from **** or the states..................

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
You have 2 tone leather..easy spot that, it either from **** or the states..................
Canada, not that scary-*** country the States! And I love my black and grey leather seats with contrast stitching :tongueout:

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Rob2k68
Made my other red bits for properly with some new fixings and a hole cutter :tonguewink:

Dame this OCD!:tearsofjoy:

Pretty sure I'm the only person on the world with mats that fit in an S3 3 Door :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 238
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 237
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 242
Reactions: Simon L, Max-Robbo, pburv and 1 other person
Joined Zippster in the red mat festivities to accent the air vents and gear knob, really pleased with the quality and the look :-

IMG 0289

IMG 0290

IMG 0291

Reactions: Gordo77, Simon L, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
YES YES YES!! Looks awesome (slightly bias)

If you need to fix the backs down its a 25mm hole.

Welcome to the club. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

#superexclusiveclub

Thanks matey - awesome find by the way :friends:

They just dropped straight in !, mines a Sportback so that's prob why I'm thinking I didn't need to make any holes ??

Reactions: Simon L, zippster and pburv
Reactions: zippster, Max-Robbo, pburv and 1 other person
The mats look great Rob but wtf are those unsightly water marks on your side skirt?? Total shambles mate........go and stand in the naughty corner lol

Cheers matey and you're right almost as bad as sooty tips !!

Wash week is next week so order will be restored then ;o)

Reactions: zippster, pburv and Simon L
Nice!!! This is by far the easiest mod I have ever done and with the best results! The model car spray paint I found that is closest to Sepang is a Tamiya Color TS-50 Mica Blue - a very popular and high quality brand from Japan available in most hobby shops and lots of online stores. This is a spray paint intended for plastics without needing a primer or anything and I put on 4 light coats on each side of the flaps to get the full color depth. This is not an exact match - if you held up a piece to the body paint you would notice a difference, but as I said, as close as I have been able to find.
I just started with one and had some trouble getting good lighting tonight but managed to get a comparison between the inner door paint and the vent - I will post another couple shots when I get all 4 done!
View attachment 97914 View attachment 97915 View attachment 97916
View attachment 97913
View attachment 97912

Do you have pictures from further away ?

I am also interested in the result. I have Sepang blue and I want to paint the inside trims with this color, Tamiya TS -50 Mica Blue.
The contrast is too note?

thanks!

Reactions: Rob2k68
The Mica Blue is as close as possible to Sepang, from what I've been able to find. It even iridesces to purple, as you can see in some of the pics taken further away. I'm still going to wait to see if I can find a vinyl wrap match before I go painting the aluminum though.

Reactions: FrA1l3 and Rob2k68
The Mica Blue is as close as possible to Sepang, from what I've been able to find. It even iridesces to purple, as you can see in some of the pics taken further away. I'm still going to wait to see if I can find a vinyl wrap match before I go painting the aluminum though.
Thank you for your response.

I'm undecided between painting and vinyl because vinyl can be removed if I get tired of it painted involves buying new trims.

I see this vinyl in eBay that match a lot in photo to Sepang..
Color Blue Pearl: http://r.eBay.com/v292u0

15ddcf37e5765dc9d97fad256fa159a2.jpg

Reactions: batch and Rob2k68
Looks pretty nice, you'll have to check it out and let me know if it's close to Sepang in person. I ordered samples from a company called Vvivid, which only seems to have shops in Canada, USA and Australia. But they have a Metallic Blue Brushed Steel that looks pretty nice and even a Metallic Blue Carbon Fiber. I'll let you know what I think when they come in!
Aluminium blue steel 1024x1024
Dry carbon metallic blue 1024x1024

Reactions: FrA1l3 and Rob2k68
Maybe this is a question for another thread but has anyone tried any of the interior trim packages available on AliExpress? They claim to be real carbon fiber and range about CAD$200-250 (GBP115-145) for a 7-piece (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUDI...ior-Trim-for-Audi-A3-8V-2015/32699974076.html) to about CAD$400 (GBP230) for a 10-piece (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...2015-10pcs-set-For-Left-Hand/32698838924.html). It appears they are just pieces that fit over top of the existing trims, but wondering if anything coming out of China is real???

Reactions: zippster
Maybe this is a question for another thread but has anyone tried any of the interior trim packages available on AliExpress? They claim to be real carbon fiber and range about CAD$200-250 (GBP115-145) for a 7-piece (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/AUDI...ior-Trim-for-Audi-A3-8V-2015/32699974076.html) to about CAD$400 (GBP230) for a 10-piece (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...2015-10pcs-set-For-Left-Hand/32698838924.html). It appears they are just pieces that fit over top of the existing trims, but wondering if anything coming out of China is real???

still no RHD set :(:(:(:(:(

Looks pretty nice, you'll have to check it out and let me know if it's close to Sepang in person. I ordered samples from a company called Vvivid, which only seems to have shops in Canada, USA and Australia. But they have a Metallic Blue Brushed Steel that looks pretty nice and even a Metallic Blue Carbon Fiber. I'll let you know what I think when they come in!
View attachment 98797 View attachment 98798

don`t worry, I let you the result. It is coming home... :)

The "Metallic Blue Brushed Steel" that you post really looks pretty nice.
I stay waiting for your test , I'd say looks better than I bought :rock:

Last edited:
Thank you for your response.

I'm undecided between painting and vinyl because vinyl can be removed if I get tired of it painted involves buying new trims.

I see this vinyl in eBay that match a lot in photo to Sepang..
Color Blue Pearl: http://r.eBay.com/v292u0

15ddcf37e5765dc9d97fad256fa159a2.jpg

Finally I get my vinyl.

The color is not much like the sepang , but once installed is not so bad. I await Reznor tests because his vinyl promised better result.

A few images from my test:
NG8Jiz6.jpg

9acuLe5.jpg

iYFZC3u.jpg

Reactions: pburv and batch
I ordered 2 different batches of samples and didn't really like the color of any of them. Since I have already done the vents, in my opinion, everything has to match now with the same color and finish. So, what I have started testing is using the Mica Blue on the vinyl wraps themselves. This spray is intended for plastic and sticks nicely to the vinyl and remains malleable even after drying and hardening. I'm assuming the stretch of the vinyl will be limited so this can be done two different ways: spray the vinyl first and then apply it, or apply the vinyl and then spray it. I have now ordered some matte silver vinyl as that was the best result from my tests and might try both methods to see what works best!

Reactions: FrA1l3
Sorry to read that. I am more and more determined to paint the moldings with the original Sepang.

At the moment I am waiting to see if they send a sample of 3M 1080 metallic blue vinyl, although it seems that none approaches the original painting.

Received the silver vinyl, wrapped and sprayed the dash trim pieces and love all the "body color" details I have inside now! I posted pics in the "What have you done to your 8V today?" thread.

Reactions: jungle650, FrA1l3 and Rob2k68
so just got back from my local dealer and have ordered the RS3 red air vents for my S3..

i have a 2 week old mythos black 3 door with the supersport interior and just thought a tiny bit of colour would compliment it.. (currently gloss black)

thoughts? am i mad.. ? I'm also considering the audi red stripe genuine mats too..

just wanted to make it individual :):):)

Where did you get the RS3 red vents from? And how much are they?

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Where did you get the RS3 red vents from? And how much are they?

Audi. Not cheap you're looking at £300 the set - can imagine original ones not being cheap either their fairly complex bits of plastic.

Reactions: allanmb and pburv